"Richard and I had some very intense scenes together. In real life we are about the same size, but in the film he is a dwarf and I am even taller than in reality. And so we rehearsed together, but each filmed on their own – and that was very complicated because our movements still had to fit together. It was like a dance without music, but with a very complicated choreography. And when I saw some of these scenes completely done for the first time I was completely blown away. Especially because the surrounding is so beautiful: The underground realm of Thranduil has become staggering in its magical gloom – and Mirkwood, the forest above, is almost psychedelic.” Lee Pace X
You, Lee Pace, are poetic.
Please join me for a new giveaway!
GRAND PRIZE: One Banquet Hannibal artbook with all the extras, including: four buttons, three postcards, one notepad, and one sheet of stickers. (One winner.)
SECOND PRIZE: One Banquet Hannibal artbook. (Two winners.)
HOW TO RSVP
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ENTER. IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST ENTER YOUR TUMBLR USER NAME. Likes, reblogs, and follows will not be counted as entries. The giveaway ends on 5/3/14 at 1AM PST.
1) You do not need to follow me (Sairobee) to enter. However, the grand prize will only be awarded to a follower. If I draw your name for the grand prize and you do not follow me, you will receive the second prize.
2) Only one entry per person.
3) All entries must provide a valid Tumblr user name.
4) Entering your email address is optional. (But please note that you will eventually need to provide me with an email address if you win!)
5) Winners will be contacted by 5PM PST on 5/4/14 via email, ask, or fanmail. At that time I will ask for your preference regarding currency, and then send you the gift card via email. THE ASK/FANMAIL MUST BE ANSWERED BY 5/11/14. IF YOU DO NOT REPLY TO THE ASK/FANMAIL, A NEW WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN.
"She will remember your heart when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits…"
- Peter S Beagle, The Last Unicorn
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE PAINT JOB I NEED ON MY CAR.
Imagine the fear when people are walking hella slow in front of your car and you yell “MOVE FUCKER” at them
Normally I don’t reblog newer cars, but that paint is fucking awesome.
Id fucks with it
This is what happens when you run over a horde of zombies at 120mph.
I made a thing…
this is beyond beautiful
This is an illustration I did for my friend, Dai’s, PhD thesis. A part of his thesis involved a study around how some gay men (particularly those of a minority status) negotiate being gay outside of mainstream gay culture. One story that really stood out to me as being quite unique and touching involved a middle-aged fellow who has never been intimate with another man, doesn’t necessarily identify as being gay, but spends his days knitting baby socks on park benches and on the train as a way to perform his ‘gayness’. As he still lives at home with an extremely conservative family this is essentially the only way he knows to express his sexuality.
iMAGES: World War II sketches by Fernando C. Amorsolo
Nothing says Filipino Art more than an Amorsolo piece (though, the same could easily be said about anime-fan-drawings). Known for depicting idyllic scenes of provincial everyday life, he merges here the beauty of the medium with the horrors of war.
These Amorsolo sketches show us his mastery of the form. Looking at these now, it’s too bad he never got into comics.
Not pictured: h. lecter’s massive hardon
One of my pieces for Banquet Hannibal Artbook
these two just keep dancing around the issue, feeling each other’s pulse.